Export Services

UK Export Services

We take care of all the paperwork if you’re importing into the UK or sending outside the UK, or your shipment will travel through customs and require paperwork. We’ll help you enter the information customs needs and navigate any issues that may occur. Parcel-co’s Export Services

Transport goods within the EU:

You need to complete certain tasks to export/move goods within the EU:

  1. Check the rules in exporting your goods.
  2. Check if you need a license.
  3. Complete a proforma invoice. Charge VAT if you’d do the same for customers in the UK.
  4. Attach the proforma invoice (and license, if you need one) to your consignment.

Sending outside the EU needs more tasks to complete, and you may also need to pay import duty in the country you are exporting to.

  1. Check the import rules of the country you are exporting to.
  2. Check if you need a license to export restricted goods.
  3. It is necessary to find your goods’ “commodity code” for your commercial invoice – The code affects any import duty that will be charged.
  4. Get an EORI number – You must register ahead of time to avoid delays if you don’t have one. It usually takes up to 3 working days.
  5. Complete our commercial invoice – When filling in the value of your goods, use the price you’re selling them for (list separately any freight or export insurance you included in the price).
  6. Attach the commercial invoice & license, if you need one, to your consignment. We use your commercial invoice to make an official customs declaration. Your goods can be held up in customs if the information you give is not.

Register for VAT in the country you’re selling to if you’re distance selling and both:

  • The total value of goods is over the country’s distance selling threshold- in most countries.
  • You’re selling to consumers (rather than businesses).

If you are VAT registered, you can zero-rate the VAT on most goods you export to non-EU countries.

  • You must keep records of proforma invoices and any official paperwork for 6 years.
  • Pay any tax or duty you owe in the destination country – you won’t usually pay UK duty on exports.
Sea Freight
Air Freight
Road Freight
Open chat
Hello :)
How can we help you?